On Thursday evening, August 29th, a line of storms that pushed through the county spun up an EF-0 tornado that touched down just south of the village of New Lothrop causing damage to several structures. There were no injuries.
In observance of National Preparedness Month, the Shiawassee County Health Department (SCHD) along with the Center for Preparedness and Response (CPR) is encouraging year-round personal preparedness.
Follow the four P’s when preparing for an emergency so you can protect the health and safety of your family.
• First aid supplies: antibacterial wipes, gauze, gloves, tweezers, scissors and bandages
• Hygiene supplies: soap, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, and feminine hygiene products
• Extra pair of prescription eyeglasses, contact lenses, and contact solution
• Extra set of clothes
• A 7-10 day supply stored in a waterproof and childproof container
• Up-to-date list of prescriptions (including dosage amounts) and known allergies